HBase, mail # user - HBase as a backend for GUI app?

Re: HBase as a backend for GUI app?
Something Something 2011-02-03, 23:22
By GUI app, I meant, a browser based application that's written in GWT.  For
example, let's say an application that allows users to view logs such as,
application server logs or 'click tracking logs' etc.  These logs are HUGE,
so our requirement is to allow users to view a month worth of data - which
is still HUGE!  The application would allow users to 'slice and dice' data
the way they want, so it will have various filters.  Should we access HBase
directly from the backend in real time?  Anyone has any performance related
experiences to share?

Thanks again for your time.