Bigtop >> mail # dev >> don't support hadoop1 in bigtop after 0.4

+
pengwenwu2008 2013-11-14, 09:39
Re: don't support hadoop1 in bigtop after 0.4
Peng,

the main reason is that Hadoop 1 isn't supported much for a long time. Most,
if not all, focus of the development community is Hadoop2.x. Hence, Bigtop is
distributing what's demanded the most: we are small group of committers and
don't have endless time.

As Sean pointed out - 0.3.1 branch is still there and if there's enough
interest someone can pick it up and start support Hadoop 1.x - shouldn't be
that hard.

Regards,
  Cos

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 05:39PM, pengwenwu2008 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone can help answer "are there any reason don't support hadoop1 in bigtop after 0.4"?
> Thanks a lot for any comment !!
>
> Regards,
> Wenwu,Peng
+