Hive >> mail # user >> Index rebuild fails

Index rebuild fails
Hello Hive Users,

After I execute below mention Alter statement, I get beloe mentioned error.
Even though log shows that index file was moved to trash, I see index file
present, however I am not able to understand why i am getting error.

*ALTER INDEX TAB_INDEX ON TABLE REBUILD;*
*
*
*2013-01-08 15:30:46,602 Stage-1 map = 100%,  reduce = 100%, Cumulative CPU
3.41 sec*
*2013-01-08 15:30:47,612 Stage-1 map = 100%,  reduce = 100%, Cumulative CPU
3.41 sec*
*MapReduce Total cumulative CPU time: 3 seconds 410 msec*
*Ended Job = job_201301072354_0115*
*rmr: DEPRECATED: Please use 'rm -r' instead.*
*Moved: 'hdfs://host:8020/hive/optqc5d.db/TABLE_index_table' to trash at:
hdfs://host:8020/user/saachhra/.Trash/Current*
*Invalid alter operation: Unable to alter index.*
*FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask*

Good wishes,always !
Santosh