Hadoop >> mail # general >> svn branches cleanup

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-28, 01:55
Re: svn branches cleanup
I plan to do a RC of 0.23.3 in the next few days.  I am waiting for some
tests of what is on branch-0.23 right now to pass before I create the
branch.  MAPREDUCE-3943 went in recently and it is big enough I want some
more tests before I feel comfortable with it.  The tests for it so far
look good so I expect to get started on it today or tomorrow, but I have
never done a release before so I am sure it will take me a few days to get
everything right. Also I don't see any reason to branch early when all
that is going in is bug fixes.

--Bobby Evans
On 8/27/12 8:55 PM, "Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Seems to me that stale branches have started accumulating. Here's what I
>am thinking.
>
>2.* line
> - 2.0.1-alpha is released, so branch-2.0.1-alpha should instead be
>called branch-2.0.2-alpha?
>
>0.23.* line
> - 0.23.1 was released long time back, so knock off branch-0.23.1
>altogether?
> - 0.23.2 seems to be dead, so knock off branch-0.23.2 too?
> - 0.23.3 is the next expected release, so I suppose all the commits are
>going into branch-0.23. Either we can
>    -- create branch-0.23.3 out of branch-0.23 now itself or
>    -- commit as is to branch-0.23 and create RC out of the same whenever
>that happens.
>
>Thanks,
>+Vinod
>PS: I missed action for ~1 month, please correct me if I am wrong.
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-28, 18:36
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-28, 20:35
+
Owen OMalley 2012-08-31, 21:26
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-31, 21:28
+
Owen OMalley 2012-08-31, 22:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-04, 19:35
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-31, 21:54