Hadoop >> mail # general >> svn branches cleanup

Re: svn branches cleanup
I plan to do a RC of 0.23.3 in the next few days.  I am waiting for some
tests of what is on branch-0.23 right now to pass before I create the
branch.  MAPREDUCE-3943 went in recently and it is big enough I want some
more tests before I feel comfortable with it.  The tests for it so far
look good so I expect to get started on it today or tomorrow, but I have
never done a release before so I am sure it will take me a few days to get
everything right. Also I don't see any reason to branch early when all
that is going in is bug fixes.

--Bobby Evans