HDFS >> mail # user >> cannot find /usr/lib/hadoop/mapred/

Re: cannot find /usr/lib/hadoop/mapred/
interesting: The solution was simply to delete the toBeDeleted directory
manually:

rm -rf /usr/lib/hadoop/mapred/toBeDeleted/

I guess maybe somehow I changed the privileges of the
/usr/lib/hadoop/mapred directory so that it was unreadable or something.

Nevertheless, it was a cryptic error message and, also, maybe I shouldn't
be using /usr/lib/hadoop/mapred as an actively writen directory.