Sqoop >> mail # user >> SQOOP 1.3.0 questions using SQL Server

SQOOP 1.3.0 questions using SQL Server

Hello all,

I'm testing a few switches for Sqoop import and I'm having the following problems.

When I use the -incremental switch, the command fails and shows me the help page.
When I use the -compress switch, the command works but when I try to uncompress the results, it says gzip undefined compression code. I also tried to explicitly state the codec and it would still not append the compression extension to the files nor am I able to uncompress the data.
When I use the -as-avrodatafile I get ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Cannot convert SQL type -9

Any ideas? I am not sure if upgrading Sqoop will fix it because SQL Server connector specifically required a 1.3.0 release.

Thanks.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.