HBase, mail # user - Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?

Re: Does MapReduce need HBase to be running?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-11-14, 19:03
Hum. I'm calling HTables, and doing puts and gets. So it will not be
working for my scenario.

But if I "simply" need to map the data and output on a file, that
should be working fine with HBase down, right?