From: Sreejith Ramakrishnan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 July 2013 12:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: My Job always in 'SUBMIT' state. Stuck at Map: 0% - Reduce 0%

I'm making my own scheduler. Since I had errors, I rewrote the scheduler to do just a simple thing. When I give it a job, it allocates 1 map() and 1 reduce() to it. But that isn't happening. I used a barebones WordCount pgm. I'm stuck at map: 0% reduce 0%. And in the jobtracker logs, I see:

INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress: Cannot create task split for <my-job-id>
DETAILED INFO:

Here's some snippets of code. The scheduler logic is inside the assignTasks():
We get a JobInProgressListener in the constructor-
this.jobQueueJobInProgressListener = new JobQueueJobInProgressListener();

In start() -
this.taskTrackerManager.addJobInProgressListener(jobQueueJobInProgressListener);

Then I just take the last element in that queue (I assume its the latest submitted job) and assign to incomingJob (of type JobInProgress).

Then I obtain a new map task as follows and append this task to a list which is the return value of the assignTasks():
Task createdMap = incomingJob.obtainNewMapTask(taskTrackerStatus, numTaskTrackers, taskTrackerManager.getNumberOfUniqueHosts());

I've attached the scheduler. Can any expert point out if there's any ignorant mistakes from my side?