Sqoop >> mail # user >> sqoop and table schema

+
ranjith raghunath 2012-12-04, 04:06
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-04, 05:35
Re: sqoop and table schema
Appreciate the response Jarek. Thanks for mentioning this as it was driving
me nuts.

What about using parameters in the jdbc url? I have noticed that for DB2
(per a "how to" through google) it seems that this may work, --connect
"jdbc:db2://192.168.1.3:50001/sample:currentSchema=DB2INST1;". I am using
the db2jcc4.jar. However, I have not have had any luck with that.

I guess what I am really asking is if there is a way around this without
building sqoop from trunk. And have any of you had any success with that
way.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Ranjith,
> parameter --table is meant to be used for table name only. It do not
> support custom scheme unfortunately.
>
> We've just recently added support for custom schemes for PostreSQL
> (SQOOP-601) and Microsoft SQL (SQOOP-540). Unfortunately both issues are
> available only on trunk and are not part of any release yet. But hey, you
> can always build your own Sqoop from the trunk!
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:06:20PM -0600, ranjith raghunath wrote:
> > I apologize if this question has already been asked before. I am using
> > sqoop to import data from a SQL Server/DB2/Postgres database. Is there a
> > known issue with using schame.table in the --table parameter?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-04, 15:56