Flume >> mail # user >> 4 times disk consumption?

4 times disk consumption?
Hi,

I have a directory spooler connected to a file channel, currently with a
non-working sink.
Channel capacity is 200M (events?!), since the sink is not working, the
channel gets filled.

However, I see that although the original files total size is 150M, the
full file channel isusing almost 4 times that disk space (i.e. 550M).

Any idea why? is this the expected ratio between original size and file
channel disk usage?

Thanks
Anat
+