Zookeeper >> mail # user >> lost ZK events across datacenters

+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 18:40
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 19:04
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 20:08
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 20:18
Re: lost ZK events across datacenters
The most important feature that I rely zkclient on is to hide
zkConnectionLoss exception (just block and retry when connection is in sync
mode again). I assume that quite a few applications want something like
that. Does it make sense for ZK to provide such functionality directly,
instead of everyone implementing their own stuff?

Thanks,

Jun

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am generally a bit skeptical of attempts to "simplify" the ZK API while
> claiming to retain or improve reliability and availability.  I haven't
> looked at zkclient for a long time, but I was dubious at one time.
>
> For a counter example, kept collections simplifies the API by presenting
> virtual collections, but they explicitly warn that this loses some
> information.
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I am using the zkclient package (
> > https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient.git).
> > The watcher code seems reasonable. Basically, each watcher event is first
> > added to a queue. A separate event thread dequeues each event and reads
> the
> > children of a path (which re-registers the watcher) and invokes the
> > registered listener.
> >
> > Anybody knows any issues in zkclient?

+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 23:21
+
Camille Fournier 2011-06-01, 23:28
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-01, 23:29
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-01, 21:18
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-01, 22:14
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-02, 17:49
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 08:40
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-03, 16:32
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 16:56
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-03, 16:59
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-03, 17:18
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-08, 20:55
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-08, 21:02
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-10, 06:02
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-10, 06:09
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-06-06, 19:13
+
Jun Rao 2011-06-08, 20:51