HBase >> mail # user >> Heterogeneous cluster

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-08, 03:32
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-12-09, 10:08
+
James Chang 2012-12-08, 15:17
+
Robert Dyer 2012-12-08, 18:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-08, 19:34
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-08, 23:45
+
Robert Dyer 2012-12-08, 23:50
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-09, 08:27
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-10, 14:03
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-11, 04:04
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-11, 18:48
+
Harsh J 2012-12-11, 20:20
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-12, 03:54
Re: Heterogeneous cluster
Hi Mike,

I totally agree with you. The balancer I have done is more a hack than
a production version. I built my cluster by taking all the computers I
found around me. From 1 core P4 to 8 cores CPU. I have 8 nodes + 3 ZK.
They are all SO diffrent that "normal" load balancing was not very
efficient. They are all on the same rack (hub), so the "machine, rack,
second rack" distribution is not really working for me.

That's why I built this hack.

When I will have enought nodes to have 2 or 3 racks, I will most
probably go back to the DefaultLoadBalancer.

Just to give you an example, here is how one of my tables is now balanced:

Regions by Region Server
Region Server Region Count
http://node4:60030/ 11
http://phenom:60030/ 37
http://node5:60030/ 3
http://node2:60030/ 11
http://node3:60030/ 55
http://node1:60030/ 4
http://node6:60030/ 8

Also, can someone confirm the recommanded number of tasks per server?
I think I saw something like CPU * 0,7. Is that correct?

JM