Pig, mail # user - User Defined Comparator

+
Calvin Cheung 2012-07-31, 01:05
+
Alan Gates 2012-08-09, 17:33
Re: User Defined Comparator
Jonathan Coveney 2012-08-09, 17:58
Calvin,

Generally, the pattern is to make a new column which represents whatever
you want things to be compared on, and then partition/order/whatever on
that column. There are some cases where this is insufficient, but 99.9% of
the time I've found it to be fine.

Jon