Pig >> mail # user >> User Defined Comparator

Re: User Defined Comparator
Calvin,

Generally, the pattern is to make a new column which represents whatever
you want things to be compared on, and then partition/order/whatever on
that column. There are some cases where this is insufficient, but 99.9% of
the time I've found it to be fine.

Jon