HBase, mail # user - Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)

+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 11:40
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-10-24, 13:47
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 10:15
+
Sonal Goyal 2012-10-24, 11:18
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 10:05
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 09:23
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 14:35
+
Kevin Odell 2012-10-24, 16:18
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 16:30
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-24, 16:29
+
nick maillard 2012-10-24, 19:08
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-23, 17:13
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-10-23, 17:32
+
Kevin Odell 2012-10-23, 17:47
+
lars hofhansl 2012-10-25, 04:10
+
Nick maillard 2012-10-23, 15:48
+
Anoop John 2012-10-24, 03:29
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-10-24, 04:55
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 05:09
+
Anoop John 2012-10-24, 05:11
+
Anoop John 2012-10-24, 05:14
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 05:28
+
Anoop John 2012-10-24, 06:07
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 06:14
+
Anoop John 2012-10-24, 06:31
+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 06:43
Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-10-24, 05:52
Anil,
When you do ImportTSV the data that is present in the the TSV file alone
will be parsed and loaded into HBase.
How are you planning to generate the UniqueID? Your usecase seems like it
your data is in CSV file but the unique id that you need is not part of the
TSV.
Now you need them to be loaded to HBASE thro WAL.

I would suggest that can you first do a loading of the existing TSV file to
one HTable.
Then from that table you can do a bulk load into another table using ur
custom mapper.  Here you can use the logic of generating unique ID for
every row that comes out from the loaded table.
Here we can make the data to be inserted into the new table thro normal
puts which will use the WAL and memstore.

Regards
Ram

+
anil gupta 2012-10-24, 06:11