Pig, mail # dev - Prepare for Pig 0.8.1 release

+
Daniel Dai 2011-03-18, 03:32
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-03-18, 04:33
Re: Prepare for Pig 0.8.1 release
Julien Le Dem 2011-03-20, 06:08
I'd like to add PIG-1923
I've fixed it in trunk, it should not be too hard to port it to the 0.8 branch.
Julien

On 3/17/11 9:33 PM, "Dmitriy Ryaboy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So happy to hear we are on the same page with this! I was about to suggest
that we cut 0.8.1 soon, as well.

I haven't opened a Jira, but the HBaseStorage release notes for 0.8 didn't
make it into the documentation -- we should add that to the release.

I'd really like to get PIG-1870 fixed, it could cause serious issues for
people. I have very little time for it right now myself, unfortunately.

The PigStorageSchema patch is ready to go, I'll commit it later tonight to
both trunk and 0.8

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, Pig developer
> Since Pig 0.8.0 release, we have fixed quite a few bugs. Now it is a good
> time to plan another Pig 0.8 release. We hope to push the release in one to
> two weeks. We still have a couple of bugs planning to fix (PIG-1892, maybe
> PIG-1912, PIG-1895, PIG-1814, PIG-1826) before release. Besides that, does
> anybody has some patches wants to get in?
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

+
Olga Natkovich 2011-03-20, 16:42