From: Ted Yu [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Smarter Region assignment policy?

In trunk, we have the following code in HMaster#enableTable():

    this.executorService.submit(new EnableTableHandler(this, tableName,

      catalogTracker, assignmentManager, tableLockManager, false
).prepare());
The boolean value of false means the assignment wouldn't retain region
locations (compared to the locations prior to disabling).
In 0.94, I see similar code.

Looks like we can add new API where user can specify whether
retainAssignment should be used.

Cheers

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is not this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6143?
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Rodionov
> Principal Platform Engineer
> Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.