HBase, mail # user - Can't insert data into hbase, OOME.

Can't insert data into hbase, OOME.
Andrey Stepachev 2010-09-29, 11:25
Hi all,

I'm stuck. I can't insert any valuable peace of data into hbase.

Data is something around ~20mil rows (20G). I try to insert them into
nondistributed hbase with 4 parallel jobs.
MR job run until all memory given to hbase is exhaused and then
hbase produces hprof file. As profiler shows, all memory accumulated
in MemStore.kvset.
I don't understand, why hbase doesn't block untill flush memstore.
The same if I give hbase 6Gb or RAM.

6GB gc log http://paste.ubuntu.com/502577/

hadoop: 0.20.2+320
hbase: stumbleupon-20100830

nothing in hbase-site.xml (except hbase.rootdir and zookeeper.quorum).

Andrey.