HBase >> mail # user >> question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 06:25
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-04, 08:57
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:00
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-04, 10:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 06:09
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 06:21
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:03
Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
I was checking with the trunk code and i saw that
 /**
   * Number of checksum verification failures. It also
   * clears the counter.
   */
  public static final long getChecksumFailuresCount() {
    return checksumFailures.getAndSet(0);
  }
Is not getting used in the trunk code but it is getting used in the 0.94
code.  So there is something broke with this?
Are you checking with 0.94 code? I believe so.

Regards
Ram
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I saw the same code and also saw the following in RegionServerMetrics.java
>
> /**
>  * Number of times checksum verification failed.
>  */
> public final MetricsLongValue checksumFailuresCount >   new MetricsLongValue("checksumFailuresCount", registry);
>
> The registry is then registered in JMX via:
>
> // export for JMX
> statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);
>
> And in doUpdates() I see the following:
> this.checksumFailuresCount.pushMetric(this.metricsRecord);
>
> In the constructor I see:
> // export for JMX
> statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);
>
> Which makes me feel the metrics are exported. But for some reason in my
> ganglia all I see is hbase.RegionServerDynamicStatistics which comes from a
> different class. I don't see a group for RegionServerStatistics which is
> strange.
>
> Let me dig deeper and see if the metrics are getting suppressed somewhere.
>
> Thanks,
> Viral
>
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Am not sure on the Ganglia side, but seeing the code i found this
> > {code}
> >   // For measuring number of checksum failures
> >   static final AtomicLong checksumFailures = new AtomicLong();
> > {code}
> > And it was getting updated too.  Let me check on the JMX side if it
> really
> > getting sent out to the Metrics system.  If not we can address that in
> the
> > JIRA.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ram