Pig >> mail # user >> Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?

+
lulynn_2008 2012-12-05, 02:32
+
Bill Graham 2012-12-06, 16:45
Re: Do we have any plan for "Cost based optimizer"?
Not sure for Hadoop but the spark/shark guys have one that works against
hive stats

Don't have any idea how portable it is
Guy

On Thursday, December 6, 2012, Bill Graham wrote:

> Duke has done work around CBOs for Hadoop as part of Starfish and there was
> some discussion back in the spring about doing the same for Pig, but I'm
> not aware of any concrete plans or JIRAs around that. I'd also be curious
> to hear if others have plans to work on this.
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM, lulynn_2008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> >  Hi All,
> >
> > I just noticed that Pig Committer DaiJianYong has mentioned "Cost based
> > optimizer" for pig performanceoptimization.
> > My question are:
> > Do we have any plan for this new feature? Like which branch will include
> > this feature?
> > Is there any task which trace this feature now?
> >
> > Thanks

+
Alan Gates 2012-12-06, 16:36