Pig >> mail # user >> Add file command in Pig

+
Haitao Yao 2012-08-28, 07:20
Re: Add file command in Pig
Using the distributed cache is more ideal, IMHO. The UDF that uses it can
just add it to the distributed cache (should be in 9 and 10, I can check if
you like).

If you want to include it with pig, then you have to include it in the Pig
jar, and then you can call it from the Pig script. It's a little tricky but
doable. A bit of a hack.

2012/8/28 Haitao Yao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> hi, all
>         I want to add GeoIP.dat to my pig scripts. Does Pig have the "add
> file XXX" command like hive? I want to distribute the data file GeoIP.dat
> with Pig.
>         Or is there any other work around?
>         I don't want to install GeoIP on every hadoop node, so I want to
> distribute the data file with pig itself.
>
>         thanks.
>

> Haitao Yao
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> weibo: @haitao_yao