Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Merge HDFS-4949 to trunk

Re: [VOTE] Merge HDFS-4949 to trunk
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Chris Nauroth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I've come to the conclusion that I'm very confused about merge votes.  :-)
>  It's not just about HDFS-4949.  I'm confused about all merge votes.
>  Rather than muddy the waters here, I've started a separate discussion on
> common-dev.
>
> I do agree with the general plan outlined here, and I will comment directly
> on the HDFS-4949 jira with a binding +1 when I see that we've completed
> that plan.

Thanks, Chris.  Andrew posted a merge patch to HDFS-4949.

We're happy that this code is getting closer to getting into trunk,
since it will make it easier to integrate with the other features in
trunk (like HDFS-2832).  There are still some follow-up tasks, but we
feel that it's easier to do those in trunk.

I'm going to update the design doc in just a moment so be sure to
check it out.  Are there any other things we should do today prior to
merging?

Colin