HBase, mail # dev - [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.94.9 is available for download

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.94.9 is available for download
lars hofhansl 2013-07-06, 16:14
An interesting question is how something like this can be avoided in the future. The problem here was that tarball and the tag are created in separate steps and that the tarball is build from the branch (not from the release SVN tag).

What we could do is setup a tempory jenkins build for the specific release tag and use that to build the release.
The advantage is that that build - including the test run, etc - is there for everybody to see. The tag-jenkins build can be deleted when the next point release is ready (or we could just keep it).

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.94.9 is available for download

I am still leaning towards #1. There is no bug, just one jira missing from the maven release for two weeks or so (until 0.94.10 is released).
HBASE-8656 has no functional implications but fixes a condition where sometimes handler threads are leaked with secure HBase only.
Furthermore this issue has existing since 0.94.0.

So unless I hear very strong support/arguments for option #2 or #3 below, I'll simply leave this as is.

-- Lars