Accumulo >> mail # user >> Time delay question

Time delay question
I have a set of actors that are doing batchWriters and another set doing
batchScanner(s) and I'm getting questions from my users about the time
delay between them.  So my question is, what are all the tunable
parameters between writes and reads?

Do I have the following facts correct?

BatchWriters have a time value for flushing to memory cache
Minor compaction has its time frequency for flushing to WALogs
Major compaction has its time frequency for flushing to disc

So where all does a batchScanner get its data from?

Any/all help is appreciated.

Bob Thorman
Engineering Fellow
L-3 Communications, ComCept