HBase >> mail # dev >> org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace

+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-02-07, 07:46
Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase vs org.apache.hbase namespace
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Matteo Bertozzi <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a reason why the prefix-tree and cell code is inside
> org.apache.hbase instead of the traditional org.apache.hadoop.hbase?

Our code should be homed at o.a.hbase rather than at o.a.hadoop.hbase given
we are a top-level apache project.  We were once part of hadoop so it made
sense then being at o.a.hadoop.hbase.

Moving all to o.a.hbase would have been an incompatible change especially
by the time it made it out to the API.  It would also have been a mountain
of work.  Making the change was never of high enough priority.

Rather than do the big bang move, thought was that new baseline code could
come in at o.a.hbase and we'd migrate slowly to the new root.

I suppose I should have put this up on dev list for folks to throw darts at?
St.Ack
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-02-07, 17:10
+