Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing

Re: Hive Meta Server (Thrift Server) Failover / Redundancy / Load Balancing
Thanks Ashutosh,

For quick reply.

1. For non-secure MetaServer: I'm wondering if I add LoadBalancer like
HAProxy in between then we don't need to handle the failover at the Thrift
client side.
So, If I use LB in between Thrift Client and MetaServer, then it should be
good to use ?
May be I'm missing something, but I'll check out the code and see what is
the status of the patch and what additional work is required.

2. For Secure MetaServer: I need to dig further into code, and then will
ask more questions if required.
I believe storing token into DB patch is available for review but not
available as the one which is ready to use. Or I can try out that patch
when using the secured one?

Again thanks your help !!

Regards,
Manish