HBase >> mail # user >> optimizing block cache requests + eviction

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 10:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-08, 13:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 15:49
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 19:22
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 22:53
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 23:28
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-07-08, 23:37
Re: optimizing block cache requests + eviction
Good question. When I looked at the logs, it's not clear from it whether
it's reading a meta or data block. Is there any kind of log line that
indicates that ? Given that it's saying that it's ready from a startOffset
I would assume this is a data block.

A question that comes to mind, is this read doing a seek to that position
directly or is it going to cache the block ? Looks like it is not caching
the block if it's reading directly from a given offset. Or am I wrong ?

Following is a sample line that I used while debugging:
2013-07-08 22:58:55,221 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: New
BlockReaderLocal for file
/mnt/data/current/subdir34/subdir26/blk_-448970697931783518 of size
67108864 startOffset 13006577 length 54102287 short circuit checksum true

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Do you know if it's a data or meta block?
+
Varun Sharma 2013-07-08, 23:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-09, 00:20