MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Query Regarding design MR job for Billing

Re: Query Regarding design MR job for Billing
Marcos Ortiz 2012-02-26, 14:10
Well, first, you can design 6 MR jobs:
1- for 5 mins interval
2- for 1 hour
3- for 1 day
4- for 1 month
5- for 1 year
6- and a last for any interval

If you say that for each interval, you have to do a different
calculation; this way could be a solution (at least I think that).
You can read the "design patterns" for MapReduce algorithms proposed by
Jimmy Lin and Chris Dyer on his "Data-Intensive Text Processing with
MapReduce" book.

Regards
On 02/27/2012 05:39 AM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:
> No. The data will be either of 5 mins interval, or 1 hour interval or 1 day interval and so on ....
> So suppose utilization is for 40 days then I will charge 30 days according to months billing and remaining 10 days as days billing job.

Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda
  Senior Software Engineer (UCI)
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com