Hive >> mail # user >> Hive + mongoDB

Re: Hive + mongoDB
If you are importing from hive to mongo, why can't you just select from
mongo table and insert into hive table?
On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Sandeep Nemuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Nitin Pawar,
>                         I have checked That link .There data is importing
> from Hive-mongo.
> But my requirment is to import data from mongo-hive.
>

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Sandip,
>>
>> Did you try using hive-mongo (https://github.com/yc-huang/Hive-mongo).
>>
>> Its pretty easy to use as well. If you want to start with analytics
>> directly.
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Sandeep Nemuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks all
>>> i am trying to import data with this program
>>> but when i compied this code i got errors
>>>
>>> Here is the code
>>>
>>> import java.io.*;
>>> import org.apache.commons.logging.*;
>>> import org.apache.hadoop.conf.*;
>>> import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
>>> import org.apache.hadoop.io.*;
>>> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.*;
>>> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.*;
>>> import org.bson.*;
>>> import com.mongodb.hadoop.*;
>>> import com.mongodb.hadoop.util.*;
>>>
>>> public class ImportWeblogsFromMongo {
>>>
>>> private static final Log log = LogFactory.
>>> getLog(ImportWeblogsFromMongo.class);
>>>
>>> public static class ReadWeblogsFromMongo extends Mapper<Object,
>>> BSONObject, Text, Text>{
>>>
>>> public void map(Object key, BSONObject value, Context context) throws
>>> IOException, InterruptedException{
>>>
>>> System.out.println("Key: " + key);
>>> System.out.println("Value: " + value);
>>>
>>> String md5 = value.get("md5").toString();
>>> String url = value.get("url").toString();
>>> String date = value.get("date").toString();
>>> String time = value.get("time").toString();
>>> String ip = value.get("ip").toString();
>>> String output = "\t" + url + "\t" + date + "\t" + time + "\t" + ip;
>>>
>>> context.write( new Text(md5), new Text(output));
>>> }
>>> }
>>>
>>> public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception{
>>>
>>> final Configuration conf = new Configuration();
>>>
>>> MongoConfigUtil.setInputURI(conf,"mongodb://localhost:27017/mongo_hadoop.example");
>>>
>>> MongoConfigUtil.setCreateInputSplits(conf, false);
>>> System.out.println("Configuration: " + conf);
>>>
>>> final Job job = new Job(conf, "Mongo Import");
>>> Path out = new Path("/user/mongo_data");
>>> FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, out);
>>> job.setJarByClass(ImportWeblogsFromMongo.class);
>>> job.setMapperClass(ReadWeblogsFromMongo.class);
>>> job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
>>> job.setOutputValueClass(Text.class);
>>> job.setInputFormatClass(MongoInputFormat.class);
>>> job.setOutputFormatClass(TextOutputFormat.class);
>>> job.setNumReduceTasks(0);
>>> System.exit(job.waitForCompletion(true) ? 0 : 1 );
>>> }
>>> }

Nitin Pawar