Hadoop >> mail # user >> Need Help Building Hadoop from source

Re: Need Help Building Hadoop from source

Danie,
You need to force ivy to pick up common jar from your local repository.
Otherwise it downloads from the maven.org.
Try this:
1. build hadoop-common.

2. 'ant mvn-install'    -  this should install it into the local repository.
Ant will output the new location of the jars. You should see something like
this at the end:

[artifact:install] [INFO] Installing
/Users/usr../hadoop-common/build/hadoop-common-0.22.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to
/Users/usr_home/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-common/0.22.0-SNAPSH
OT/hadoop-common-0.22.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

3. cd to hadoop-hdfs.

4. 'ant veryclean'    -    Or alternatively - remove all hadoop-common*.jar
from ~/.m2 directory. This is needed to guarantee that ivy will try to get a
new version of the common jar.

5. 'ant -Dresolvers=internal jar-test'   -  You can use any other target,
but make sure 'resolvers' is set to 'internal'. That will force ivy to get
stuff from local repository. Watch the build - you should see something like
this:

Downloading
/Users/user/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-common/0.23.0-SNAPSHOT/h
adoop-common-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.jar ...
[ivy:resolve] ....................... (1364kB)
[ivy:resolve]   [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.apache.hadoop#hadoop-common;0.23.0-SNAPSHOT!hadoop-common.jar (71ms)
On 3/8/11 1:06 AM, "Daniel Aris Pandu Prasetia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hi,

Does this mean that Ivy Repository has not been updated with Hadoop
> 0.21.0 yet?
Then, is there any alternative to build Hadoop instead of using
> ant/ivy?

Thank you,

Best
> Regards,