Pig >> mail # dev >> Re: Pig Roadmap

Re: Pig Roadmap
I don't realize there's open Jira tickets for that but we can create
one easily. I am interested in cost-based optimizer, however, this is
a big topic. We will need to figure out how to collect stats, what
stats to collect, where to store stats, and how to use the stats, I
wonder if this could be finished in GSoC time frame. It seems more
realistic to get some join improvements done such as fuzzy join you
proposed within the time frame (other join improvements I can think of
are indexed join, unequal join, semijoin)

Thanks,
Daniel