HBase >> mail # user >> CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 01:03
+
Dave Latham 2013-02-25, 13:55
Re: CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty
Thanks for the info Dave.  Others will be benefited too.

Regards
Ram

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Dave Latham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We recently saw some of these warnings in a cluster we were setting up.
> These warnings mean there are rows in the META table that are missing one
> of the expected columns.  In our case, we verified that these regions
> didn't appear to exist in HDFS either and the table itself showed no holes
> or problems in hbck or via our application.  After looking at the
> timestamps of the other data in these rows in META we determined that the
> remaining columns in META had been written on an earlier incarnation of a
> table with the same name.  I.e. we created a table once, put data in it,
> deleted the table, created a new table of the same name, and apparently not
> everything was correctly deleted from META.  I'm not sure how that
> happened, but to clean it up we manually removed those rows from META and
> didn't observe any more WARNings or problems afterward.  There's another
> mailing list thread from some months back from someone with a similar issue
> and resolution.  Good luck!
>
> Dave
>

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering, how much should we worrie about those warnings:
> > WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER
> is
> > empty in keyvalues={
> >
> > I have 6 of them show each time the CatalgoJanitor is running (5
> minutes).
> >
> > Doesn't seems to really be an issue, but then why is it a WARN?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JM

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 14:56