Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Unhelpful Null Pointer Message (during processing of message)

+
David Medinets 2012-10-18, 02:26
+
Eric Newton 2012-10-18, 12:38
Re: Unhelpful Null Pointer Message (during processing of message)
Sorry, it was late and I was not thinking well enough.

The message was in the tserver log. All components (hadoop, zookeeper,
and accumulo) ran on one virtual Ubuntu (latest version) Linode
server. Accumulo Trunk and Thrift 0.8.

I can easily rebuild the server and try a configuration change or any
other suggestion.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which server had this error?  What version of accumulo?  What version of
> thrift?
>
> -Eric
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> 2012-10-16 03:44:57,546 [server.TThreadPoolServer] ERROR: Error
>> occurred during processing of message.
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>         at
>> org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessFunction.java:34)
>>         at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProcessor.java:34)
>>         at
>> org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:176)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
>>
>> I don't see anyway to debug the underlying issue but I'm posting this
>> here just in case someone else does.

+
Eric Newton 2012-10-19, 15:08