HBase >> mail # user >> questions to append data always from table end!!!

+
Henry JunYoung KIM 2012-10-05, 06:50
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-10-05, 07:49
+
JUN YOUNG KIM 2012-10-05, 06:27
Re: questions to append data always from table end!!!
Hi,

HBase tables are sorted alphabetically. So to add to the end, just
take the biggest key and increment the last byte....

But by doing so, your inserts are going to all go to the same region
server until it moves to the next one and you will end with
hotspotting one server, which will result in bad inserts performances.

So I think you're better to think about another key for your needs.

JM