Sqoop >> mail # user >> Re: Error while exporting table data from hive to Oracle through Sqoop

Re: Error while exporting table data from hive to Oracle through Sqoop
It seems your violating unique key constraint in second task attempt which
is obvious if  there is already some data committed by Sqoop in first
attempt. This is an issue with Sqoop!

>From the exception in first attempt it looks like there is some issue when
auto-generated class (BTTN_BKP.java in your case) tries parsing the data.
Can you validate the data being inserted (not the unique constraint but
some invalid data for some column in input files)?

If data is huge - a way of narrowing down your search for the problematic
row:
Run sqoop with just one mapper (-m 1) . Make sure you have one file that
contains the whole data. If multiple files, the way I can think of right
now is to run sqoop per file or merge the data in one file. I am not sure
if this info is enough for you to control number of mappers but the motive
here is to make sure only one map task is created for the job.
After running sqoop and getting that exception; looking at the inserted
data in the table, you can figure out which was the next batch that Sqoop
was trying to insert!
Try and find which is the erroneous row - usually a batch would contain
1000 rows (rows per insert statement (100) * no. of insert statements
(100)) before a commit is fired. So, check next 1000 rows! If you want to
narrow this down further set this in your command line:

$ sqoop import *-Dsqoop.export.records.per.statement=1 -D
sqoop.export.statements.per.transaction=1* --connect ...
This will make sure you commit after insertion of every row. Haven't tried
this with Oracle, but I was able to set the batch size using these options
for SqlServer/mysql.

Let us hope this helps you find any invalid data values if any! If no
invalid data, I would suggest continuing this discussion in sqoop
user/sqoop dev mailing lists; your still posting via hive user.

Thanks,
Abhijeet

+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-03-05, 13:59