Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Which java code(file) generates the heartbeat from the datanode and which code(file) listen that heartbeat on the namenode?

Re: Which java code(file) generates the heartbeat from the datanode and which code(file) listen that heartbeat on the namenode?
Hello Mohammad,

Which version of the codebase?

If it's trunk or branch-2, then for the datanode side, I recommend starting
from
hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/BPServiceActor.java.
 Look for a method named sendHeartBeat.  On the namenode side, look at
hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/NameNodeRpcServer.java.
 Look for a method named sendHeartbeat.  (Notice the slight difference in
capitalization of letter 'b'.)

If it's a different branch, let me know, and I'd be happy to provide help
on the specifics of that branch.

Hope this helps,
--Chris
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Mohammad Mustaqeem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]