HBase >> mail # user >> Does TotalOrderPartitioner refresh its partitions selection tree

Does TotalOrderPartitioner refresh its partitions selection tree
Hil all,

I am reading TotalOrderPartitioner code to understand its structure,

As I understood ( correct me if I am wrong ) TotalOrderPartitioner.setConf
method reads splitPoints from partFile via readPartitions method
( TotalOrderPartitioner.java line 82 )
and creates a buildTrie or BinarySearchNode according to this partition
information ( TotalOrderPartitioner.java line 97 and 108 )

I wonder what happens if regions are changed during the execution of
mapreduce job. Is it a problem?
Because TotalOrderPartitioner does not refresh its partitioner during its
execution ( as I understand ).

You may say that this is an exception case and the possibility is low,
I just ask for understanding the mechanism..

best regards...
+
Eugeny Morozov 2012-10-09, 07:45