MapReduce >> mail # user >> Access HDFS from OpenCL

RE: Access HDFS from OpenCL
Hadoop just runs as a standard java process, you should find something that
bridges between OpenCL and java, a quick google search yields:
http://www.jocl.org/

I expect that you'll find everything you need to accomplish the handoff from
your mapreduce code to OpenCL there.

As for HDFS, hadoop will generally handle marshaling data in/out of HDFS,
remember that you're thinking of your problem in terms of KEY,VALUE pairs,
you're going to implement a map(.) and reduce(.) method and in those methods
you'll pass the data to/from OpenCL via the OpenCL java bindings. It's quite
common to need to run multiple map/reduce steps to accomplish an end goal.

David