HDFS >> mail # user >> Version control of files present in HDFS

+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-21, 09:22
+
Harsh J 2011-11-21, 09:53
+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-21, 09:58
+
Ted Dunning 2011-11-21, 15:27
+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-22, 05:26
+
Chris Shain 2011-11-22, 05:40
+
Stuti Awasthi 2011-11-22, 06:11
Re: Version control of files present in HDFS
It is a bit off topic, but maprfs is closely equivalent to HDFS except that
it provides the read-write and NFS semantics you are looking for.

Trying to shoe-horn HDFS into a job that it wasn't intended to do (i.e.
general file I/O) isn't a great idea.  Better to use what it is good for.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Stuti Awasthi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> This is what I also thought and looking at Mountable HDFS options. I need
> to check if its buggy.
> To your other ques : I am building an app which will have TBs of data and
> require analysis. Now I am using HDFS as a background filesystem and Hbase
> for database option. To do analysis on the data, I use MR jobs .
> All this is not provided by NFS. One part of this app include document
> management in which I wanted to provide version control. This is the
> usecase I have. May be this helps. ☺

+
Chris Shain 2011-11-22, 16:11
+