HDFS >> mail # user >> Version control of files present in HDFS

Re: Version control of files present in HDFS
It is a bit off topic, but maprfs is closely equivalent to HDFS except that
it provides the read-write and NFS semantics you are looking for.

Trying to shoe-horn HDFS into a job that it wasn't intended to do (i.e.
general file I/O) isn't a great idea.  Better to use what it is good for.