Avro >> mail # user >> How to use Apache Avro to encode the data in avro binary encoded form?

How to use Apache Avro to encode the data in avro binary encoded form?
I am trying to use Apache Avro to serialize one of our Attributes data and
I want to use binary encoding version for that not the JSON version. In
this case, I don't want to serialize to disk or some avro data files. I am
planning to write Avro binary encoded-data in Cassandra column family.

Below is the code so far I have- I am not sure how to start encoding into
binary version.

    Schema schema = new
Parser().parse((AvroExample.class.getResourceAsStream("/user.avsc")));
     GenericRecord record = new GenericData.Record(schema);
    record.put("vbs", "99,E,0");
    record.put("eby", "0,E,,,,,,,15");
    record.put("ste", "77;2,0;1,16;3");
   // what I am supposed to do here to serialize into binary encoded
version of Avro?
     // then write to Cassandra here.
 Can anyone provide a simple example basis on my code how to do that? And
then I can use that to write into Cassandra column family.

Thanks.
*Raihan Jamal*
+
Mika Ristimaki 2013-09-19, 08:52