Drill >> mail # dev >> RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?

Re: RC3 Vote: Third time's the charm?
Grant, Isabel and Ted,

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I've filed DRILL- 221-225 to be addressed
prior to release.

Grant Questions:
* You're compile failure was due to a lack of the protobuf 2.5.x compiler
being installed on your build system.  I've filed a JIRA to include this
requirement in the README.
* per your question about versioning, the idea behind the milestone
versioning was along the following, all working towards a 1.0.0 release:
3-7 milestone releases (we're currently at milestone 1), 1-2 beta releases,
GA.

Isabel Questions:
* The next release candidate I post will ensure that the version number
includes 'incubating'.
* How were keys signed: via the standard Apache parent pom process.
* I'll work with Ted to get my key signed.

Please let me know if you think I accurately captured your concerns about
the source release in the JIRAs.  We'll drop the binary release for this
first release and catch it on the next one.

thanks,
Jacques