Zookeeper, mail # user - Re: Forcing DISCONNECTED event?

+
JL 2012-03-15, 17:41
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-03-17, 15:57
Re: Re: Forcing DISCONNECTED event?
JL 2012-03-15, 17:38
Thanks Mark.

I am using Java for this.

The approach you suggest was the first one that I tried, but I was getting a session error and the ZK client was going into the CLOSED state.  The server is being cleanly shutdown.  As far as I can tell (from the logs and skimming through the code path), the server terminates the client session(s) during shutdown.  I'm guessing it persists the session termination in the log (or elsewhere), so on restart it tells the client that this is an invalid session if the client tries to reconnect with the same session id (which I'm guessing the client does not try to do if the session termination was clean).

Nevertheless, I'll play a little bit with the timeout parameters and dive in a bit.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

-Julio