HBase >> mail # user >> hbase.cluster.distributed property in hbase-site.xml

Re: hbase.cluster.distributed property in hbase-site.xml
Hi Vinay,

2 things.

First, you should not expect the list to be available 24/7 to reply to your
questions in less that 2 hours. People here are all voloneers from the
community, and something, they mightnot have the time, or might be
sleeping, or might not know, or anything else.

Second, here is what you need to setup for a pseudo-distributed node. don't
forget that you need at least 16GB on this node if you want it to work
correctly.

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://hbasetest:9000/hbase</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
    <value>hbasetest</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

In this mode, I start Hadoop and ZooKeeper manually.

JM