Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Currently it's not recommended to launch a batch scanner from an iterator
and retrieve new information, due to the possibility of a dead lock. Other
services may alleviate that concern, but due to lifecycle management issues
(related to the "add a clean up method to iterators"), it's not fool proof
to clean up connections from it.