HBase, mail # dev - [question] command line to get replication metrics info

+
Demai Ni 2013-08-19, 17:23
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-08-19, 21:44
+
Demai Ni 2013-08-19, 22:27
Re: [question] command line to get replication metrics info
Demai Ni 2013-08-21, 17:30
JD and all,

I have been looking into the shell "status" command in the past couple
days. "status 'replication'" sound a good way to display the info to users.
So I will follow the external.

While tracing back the API supporting "status", I looked at ClusterStatus,
HRegionServer, etc, but wasn't able to find the direct connection to the
metrics info.

Is it ok to put getters in Source and Sink, such as "public
getAgeOfLastShippedOp()"  in ReplicationSource.java?  Maybe there are some
good ways to  retrieve metrics data programmatically?

Many thanks

Demai

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> JD, thanks a lot. I will look into it.... Demai
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> See what the "status" command calls in the shell, I would suggest
>> following
>> similar flows.
>>
>> Maybe you could also add to it, like a "status 'replication'" option,
>> instead of having a different command.
>>
>> J-D
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > hi, folks
>> >
>> > Looking for your kind suggestions again.
>> >
>> > I am working on a command line feature to retrieve the replication
>> metrics
>> > info such as :
>> > replicationSource: ageOfLastShippedOp, timeStampsOfLastShippedOp and
>> > sizeOfLogQueue
>> > replicationSink: ageOfLastAppliedOp, and timeStampsOfLastAppliedOp
>> >
>> > The idea is to get the point of time info through either linux command
>> line
>> > or hbase shell command, as a light-weight client interface, comparing
>> to a
>> > completed(certainly better)GUI monitoring  package.
>> >
>> > I understand that hbase is using Hadoop metrics(
>> > http://hbase.apache.org/metrics.html). Is there an example that I can
>> > follow to retrieve such info, maybe need to plug in some code into
>> > replicationAdmin or hbaseAdmin?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > Demai

+