Hive >> mail # user >> Execution failed with exit status: 3

Execution failed with exit status: 3
Hi all,

I'm doing a very basic join in Hive and getting the error below. The HiveQL join syntax I'm using is:
SELECT

T1.somecolumn,

T2.someothercolumn

FROM t1

JOIN t2

ON (t1.idfield=t2.idfield)

Driver returned: 3.  Errors: OK
Total MapReduce jobs = 1
setting HADOOP_USER_NAME  someuser
Execution failed with exit status: 3
Obtaining error information

Task failed!
Task ID:
  Stage-4

Logs:

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 3 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapredLocalTask
I searched through the logs and couldn't find anything terribly useful, although perhaps I'm missing something. Is this a common error I'm just now coming across?

On Hive 0.11

Thanks!
Nick