MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Building MR2

+
Eli Collins 2011-08-18, 17:28
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-08-18, 17:29
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-08-18, 17:30
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-08-18, 17:46
+
Eli Collins 2011-08-18, 17:50
IMO, committing generated code is not a good idea. I'd rather put the burden
on developers of installing protoc  (they have to do it for Java, Maven,
Forrest, and all the autoconf stuff if compiling native).

I would document protoc as required tool.

Thxs.

Alejandro

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Mahadev Konar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Eli,
> >  I think its protoc. Do you have protoc installed?
> >

> Installing protoc (and adding /usr/local/lib to my ld lib path) got it
> working.  If we don't check in the generated sources please update the
> HowToContribute wiki with this dep (or make the build error nicer),
> otherwise we'll get lots of queries on the list.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>

> > mahadev
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hey gang,
> >>
> >> I'm running mvn clean install from the hadoop-mapreduce directory on
> >> an  svn co of trunk (hadoop-common) and get the following:
> >>
> >> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> >> org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (generate-sources) on
> >> project hadoop-yarn-api: Command execution failed. Process exited with
> >> an error: 1(Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]
> >>
> >> I'm using mvn version 3.0.3.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Eli

+
Eli Collins 2011-08-18, 18:44
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-18, 18:52
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-08-29, 07:30
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-08-29, 07:43