Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4

+
Christopher 2013-05-19, 19:36
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-20, 19:30
+
Christopher 2013-05-20, 19:42
Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC4
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Billie Rinaldi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > good:
> > - src tarball matches the SVN tag and contains no unexpected binaries
> > - all files expected to exist in the maven repo exist (javadoc, sources,
> > pom, jar for relevant modules, bin and src tarball, rpm and deb)
> > - files are named in the expected way (way to go christopher!)
> > - bin tarball contains javadocs, manual pdfs, config.html, jars, and
> > expected proxy and native map code
> > - built native maps successfully from bin tarball
> > - all files have licenses and LICENSE and NOTICE look good
> >
> > unexpected but not blockers:
> > - built on Mac via mvn clean compile javadoc:aggregate install -P
> > apache-release,seal-jars,check-licenses,thrift,native,assemble,docs
> >   -- rat check fails on the three sample .rf files used for testing in
> > accumulo-core (not a problem on CentOS)
>
> It's curious that these aren't automatically detected as binary and
> skipped automatically on a Mac. You may be able to fix that by editing
> your system's mime-types.
>
> >   -- added these files to the exclude list and successfully replicated
> the
> > install in my local maven repo
>
> You should check those excludes in. As binary, they should be skipped
> anyway.
>
> >   -- but the src tarball it generated contains the jnilib file
>
> This shouldn't happen on a clean checkout. I suspect this is because
> it partially built before the rat failure, you rebuilt after the
> failure, but without re-checking out the project.

Good call, I did rebuild from the same directory after failure.  I made a
clean copy of source, changed the excludes, and verified that the generated
source tarball did not contain the native libs.

Billie

> > - the following entry in docs/config.html of the bin tarball seems
> > unexpected (I'm not sure we want ctubbsii's user name in the
> documentation,
> > but in any case we should probably correct the description that says it
> > defaults to /tmp when it actually defaults to
> > /tmp/accumulo-vfs-cache-<username>):
> > reference to all of the classes loaded in the VM. This should be on local
> > disk on each node with sufficient space. It defaults to /tmp</td>
>
> This is definitely wrong! I can try to look into this.
>

> > didn't test:
> > running it
> > sigs and hashes
> > rpms and debs
> >

> > On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> >> version 1.5.0.
> >>
> >> All artifacts, including the source tarball (which is the primary
> >> artifact, and contains the official release, as a checkout of this
> >> tag), were generated with the maven-release-plugin, which created and
> >> built artifacts from the following tag in SVN:
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.5.0-RC4
> >>
> >> To reproduce all the artifacts in this build, ensure you have all the
> >> prerequisites (thrift compiler with python, ruby, java, and C++
> >> support installed, LaTeX/pdflatex, rpmbuild, glibc development
> >> packages, a gpg-agent running, etc.), then check out the tag, and
> >> execute:
> >>   assemble/build.sh --seal-jars
> >>
> >> All tarballs, checksums, signatures, etc. are available at in the
> >> Apache Maven Staged Repository:
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-016/
> >>
> >> Keys:
> >> http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
> >>
> >> Changes:
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.5.0-RC4/CHANGES
> >>
> >> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-20, 17:52
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-21, 02:22